- Car engines are generally not on the recommended list of things we want to seize
- Same for any other functioning motor
- Hamstrings, lower backs, and heart muscles aren't fun when they seize either
- Seizing freezers and refrigerators can cause a household meltdown. In this case one wants to seize a cooler and some ice for back up.
- Being seized by anything may be un-fun as well. Panic, mayhem, Somalian pirates, and leg cramps come to mind (possible exception to the Somalian pirate = handsome, swarthy Somalian pirate).
So any number of things to seize or be seized by best be considered an exception to the carpe diem rule. One needn't be hasty now!