From the 1960s and 1970s:
- From the band Sweet we're taught that love is like oxygen. Here's the PSA: "Love is like oxygen so don't smoke in bed!"
- The Beatles sang "All you need is love". Here's the PSA: "All you need is love, but handwashing is still the single most important way to stop the spread of infection."
From the 1980s (The voice of this princess' mother, The Queen is loud and clear here. Readers better heed! Does French & Italian spitfire raise any images?):
- Elvis Costello sang "what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?". Here's the PSA: "What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding? Nothing and you won't find it funny when a heart attack comes knocking so trash the constant burger and fries!"
- Cyndi Lauper sang "girls just wanna have fun". Here's the PSA: "Girls just wanna have fun but people are starving in Africa so eat your lima beans!"
From the 1990s:
- Pearl Jam sang "Jeremy spoke in class today". Here's the PSA: "Jeremy spoke in class today. While this is fascinating news, please be quiet and courteous while in the library."
- Nirvana sang "Here we are now - entertain us!" Here's the PSA: "Here we are now - entertain us! And we hope you'll entertain the idea of reducing, reusing, and recycling!"
According to Billboard.com here are some current hit songs:
- From "Boom Boom Pow" The Black Eyed Peas sing "I'm so 3008/You so 2000 and late". Here's the PSA: "I'm so 3008. You so 2000 and late so get back to the future and keep your ladders away from electrical lines!"
- In his country hit, " Don't Think I Can't Love You", Jake Owen sings, surprisingly enough "Oh, but baby, baby, oh baby, don't think I can't love you". Here's the PSA: "Oh, but baby, baby, oh baby, don't think I can't love you, but I can't get get my arms around you so please start eating 5 a day of fruits and veggies!"
- In Beyonce's dance single, "Halo" she sings "Remember those walls I built well baby they're tumbling down". Here's the PSA: "Remember those walls I built? Well baby they're tumbling down because I didn't hire a licensed contractor. Get the job done right!"
Fun with song lyrics and PSAs in this life, the Universe, and everything. What other interesting concoctions can be thought up next?