Thursday, April 23, 2009

#10

Funny things. Some things sound funny - like the word "wienerschnitzel" or "wenis", the Latin word for the patch of rough skin on the outside of the elbow. Some things look funny - like duck-billed platypi, octupi, and a Cyclops' eye. Funny things happen on the way to somewhere - the forum, the market, or the Rolling Stones' 19th Nervous Breakdown. They can be funny in the humorous context or funny in the strangely weird context. So maybe what strikes us is truly dependent on context - our own (perspective, personality, or fatigue state) or the interplay of elements in an external situation.


Due to the power of the World Wide Web, I found some contextual funny:


  • Doctor Slaughter (I bet the patients are flockin' like lambs led!)



  • Doctor Doolittle in human medicine (Didn't he know he could talk to the animals?)



  • Doctor Love (Do they really call him that?)



  • A doctor who works for Bluff City Medical Center (Is he telling me the truth about my diagnosis?)


I think I'm going to change my name to Ima Princess. I like the sound of that!


Thankfully there's no need to discuss feeling funny or things that taste funny. What's the fun in that?










No comments:

Post a Comment